8 ounces of spaghetti (I used Ronzoni Smart Taste)
1/2 cup of milk
1 pound of ground pork (if you want it really spicy, use the hot - less spice use 95% ground beef or turkey)
1 medium pepper, seeded and diced
1 large garlic clove, pressed
1 medium onion, chopped
1 Tablespoon of chili powder
1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon of oregano
1/2 teaspoon of salt (optional)
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
1 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
1 10 ounce can of Rotel diced tomatoes and chili's, drained (I used mild)
8 ounces of grated cheese - I mixed Monterey Jack and Cheddar.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Cook spaghetti per directions. Drain the pasta, Whisk together the milk and egg in a large bowl, and add the drained pasta. Spread in a (use Pam) 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
3. While pasta is cooking, brown the sausage, onion, green pepper and garlic. Cook till pork is no longer pink, and drain or blot excess grease.
4. Stir in the chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir in the tomato sauce and drained tomatoes/chilis and cook for a few more minutes.
5. Spread the meat mixture over the pasta, and sprinkle both cheeses evenly over the top.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until cheeses are melted and casserole is bubbling.
7. Let stand for 5 minutes, cut into squares and serve.