Banana Cream Pie (the easy way)

Banana Cream Pie - The Easy Version :)

1 Keebler ready-crust Graham cracker crust
1 package (4 serving size) instant banana cream pudding
1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
1 1/2 cups cold milk
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
2 medium bananas, thinly sliced

In mixing bowl, combine pudding mix, whipped topping mix, milk and vanilla on low speed of electric mixer until blended.  Increase speed and beat until very thick, about 2-3 minutes.  Put a thin layer on bottom of pie crust.  Slice bananas on top, spread evenly.  Pour the rest of the pudding on top, and spread evenly.  Top with cool whip or whipped cream as desired.  Funny story about this pie.  When I was dating my then husband to be, I found out his favorite dessert was banana cream pie.  For his birthday, I decided to bake one from scratch - homemade pie crust, custard, and meringue.  I was so proud.  When I asked him how he liked it he said, "Not bad, but do you know how to make the kind with the instant pudding? "  Needless to say, I never made another homemade banana cream pie again!

Comments