Homemade Granola

Maple Cinnamon Coconut Granola

4 cups rolled oats
1 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup almond flour (I bought this in Organic Section of Wegmans) can also use ground Flax seeds
1 cup chopped nuts - I like pecans and walnuts
1 1/2 sticks of melted butter (12 Tablespoons)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup of Maple Syrup (the real stuff)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
sprinkle of nutmeg or cloves, or both
dash of salt

1 cup dried fruit of choice (I've used raisins, and blueberry craisins) Sometimes, I like to add the fruit when I eat it - it makes it less crunchy when you mix the fruit in and store it!


Preheat over to 325 degrees.  In a large bowl, combine oats, coconut, almond flour, and nuts.  In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter.  Add brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a dash of salt.  Pour the mixture over the dry ingredients, until they are clumpy and coated thoroughly.  Line a 15x 10 sheet with rims with parchment.  (I use a jelly roll pan) .  Spread the granola mixture evenly, and bake for 35-40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and golden brown.  Remove pan, and place on a wire rack to cool.  When completely cool, mix with your choice of dried fruits - I am partially to the blueberry craisins. I reserve some plain for Susan, who doesn't want the fruit in hers.  This is outstanding with Greek yogurt and fresh fruit for breakfast.  This is what I eat nearly every day.  A serving size is about 1/4 cup. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.  

Comments