Bruschetta Style Chicken and Pasta


OK, I'm wincing at my own photography, but this is my cell phone, folks, until I get my new camera out! It's really good, trust me!

Bruschetta Style Chicken and Pasta

1/4 cup sun dried tomato or garlic Italian dressing (I used light Italian garlic by Wegmans)
4 Boneless, skinless chicken breast, grilled or sauteed
1 lg red pepper, seeded, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 onion (if you have vidalia, that's great)
1 14 1/2 oz. can Hunts diced tomatoes with oregano and garlic, undrained
1 cup mozzarella or Italian blend shredded cheese
pesto sauce
fresh basil for garnish, some fresh leaves cut in thin strips

Heat dressing.  add peppers, garlic, and onion, and cook till softened.  Add chicken to skillet.  Add tomatoes and fresh basil, and top each piece of chicken with a dollop of pesto sauce.  Let simmer a few minutes.  Top with cheese, and cover to let melt.  Meanwhile, cook 1/2 box of whole wheat thin spaghetti. Serve the chicken with sauce and tomatoes over the pasta, top with additional romano or parmesan if desired.



Comments